Why I choose Flipkart for E-shopping
May 19, 2012 1 Comment
Online shopping has been pretty heavy on my bank balance lately. I do most of the things on impulse and when I see that there is something which I like and see that it can be bought in India, I just go for it. I have used 3-4 shopping sites in India to place my orders. However, the site that I go back to all the time is flipkart.com. I have bought a lot of books. audio CDs and a couple of gadgets from the site.
The percentages of discounts that they provide has gone down from the initial days. That doesn’t stop me from shopping there. Here’s why:
- Prompt Delivery : Never once has an order been delayed. In fact, if I place an order for an in-stock book on a Thursday evening, it would be there at my deliver address on Friday morning. This when the expected delivery date is 2-3 days after placing the order. Once, my order was arriving on a Saturday. The delivery person called me up and asked me if he should wait till Monday for the delivery. In fact, his first question before that was whether he can deliver it at my apartment when the delivery address was my office’s
- No excuses about non-serviceable area : I’ve heard this excuse from premium courier services which were to deliver parcels to places within the city. With Flipkart, I’ve never faced this issue. Of course, I don’t approve of their outsourcing the delivery to big shot courier services who deliver on the delivery date according to their mood. One day, the address would be within restricted entry area. The next day, there would be no issues!
- Quick response to Customer Concerns and Requests : I had ordered for an expensive set of earphones(Klipsch s4 if you are wondering). In my excitement at owning those babies, I forgot to do a basic colour check and ended up ordering the white ones. The website was down soon after I placed the order, however I quickly sent them an email and also tweeted to them with the order ID. I got a response in 4 minutes. I only had to send a YES for the order to be cancelled and the money credited to my “Wallet” so that I could make the re-order as smoothly as possible. This also meant that I wasn’t going elsewhere to place that same order.
- Caring about Customer Opinion : I had posted a harmless tweet about how orders with expected date of delivery after 7-14 days of placing the order always end up at my delivery address, my office address, on Saturdays. Within 10 minutes, I received a call from them. My bad that I don’t remember the name of the lady who talked to me. I was given the suggestion that I can send an email to them to suggest that my order be not delivered on Saturday.
- That extra attention to detail : I remember reading a conversation which @flipkart was having with someone. The person asked them to make their parcel a little more un-boxer friendly. However, their explanation was that no reader likes a brand new book with its edge bent. My respect for them went over the roof.
There are multiple things that contribute to the success of an e-commerce site. Flipkart has been an amazing experience so far.